Ohio state basketball officials have refunded $13 million to players and coaches who missed the NCAA tournament, but the NBA remains the subject of an investigation by the state attorney general.
In a press release, the OHIO State Basketball Board said it issued the refunds to the following players and staff:Oklahoma forward Scottie Wilbekin, who was suspended for his involvement in an incident at the Final Four on Sunday.
Ohio State forward Kameron Oubre, who also missed the tournament.
Michigan State guard Deontay Wilder, who missed last week’s NCAA tournament.
Duke forward Justin Jackson, who is eligible to return to the court in October.
And Syracuse forward Aaron Harrison, who spent a year in the hospital after suffering a heart attack.
All the players and the coaches will be eligible to rejoin the basketball team in 2018-19.
The total amount of the refunds will be split among all players, coaches and athletic staff who have played in the past five seasons.
The NCAA also said in a statement that it was investigating the incident in which players and employees of the Ohio State University, Ohio State’s men’s basketball and Ohio State men’s lacrosse teams were filmed on a cellphone, a video that has since been deleted.
The video shows players and their employees talking about how to get to the team bus and then walking out on a public sidewalk.
The students and staff are not identified.
Ohio State head basketball coach John Beilein apologized in a Monday press conference for the incident and said that the players will receive the full refund.
“The university takes the issue of sexual assault seriously and will provide all appropriate assistance to all those involved,” Beilei said.
“This is an ongoing process and I cannot comment further at this time.”
Beilei added that the university will conduct a thorough review of the incident.
The OSU athletic department said in an email that the men’s soccer team had received the full $13.8 million refund.
The Ohio State athletic department also said that it had not been contacted by the NCAA and would not be commenting on the matter.
“It is our intention to provide the refund to all involved,” OSU spokesman David Hagerty said in the email.
“It’s an ongoing investigation and we are not commenting further at the moment.”
The NCAA issued a statement Monday night, saying it has received an open records request for all NCAA Division I Division I student-athletes and their staff, coaches, athletic staff and administrators involved in the incident at Ohio State.
The search for the individuals involved in this incident is ongoing, the NCAA said.
The OSU investigation is ongoing.OSU said in its statement that the OSU basketball program is conducting a comprehensive internal review to determine how the incident occurred and how the actions of the individuals were handled.
OSU will be able to share further information on the investigation once the findings are complete, the school said.
The university did not say whether any of the players were disciplined or dismissed.
The basketball program has been hit by NCAA sanctions in recent years for violating its rules and regulations, including a $15,000 fine in 2014 for a “hostile environment” in which a player or coach violated a university rule or another state statute.
In 2017, OSU was fined $13,500 for its use of an on-campus locker room.